January is JUST about over. It has been a busy month. Have been doing more experimentation. I go through them one at a time.u

I drew these pelicans on 140lb Watercolor paper with really hard wax oil crayon, and then did a wash of cobalt and ultramarine for the water and one of burnt umber for the pelican’s back.

5 x 7 oil pastel with acrylic wash

Then I did a sketch of a macaw from the Brevard Zoo with the oil pastels on the Bogus Rough paper. This one worked better than the swan that I did a week or so ago.

9 x 12 Oil Pastel Sketch on Bogus Rough paper

 

Last experiment was oil pastel on clear primed canvas. This one is not quite done, but has been fun to work on. I need to add some ducks to the painting.

9 x 12 Oil Pastel on Clear Primed Canvas

Advertisements