I have been doing a fair amount of experimenting and haven’t had much luck until today. Yesterday, I put watercolors on a piece of glass and let it dry over night. So this morning I made three monoprints! I was excited with the results!

This is the 8 x 10 glass plate that I painted the sunflowers on

DSC01439 (585x800)

Next, I wet a piece of 9 x 12 Watercolor paper and made this first print. It REALLY bleed all over. I think that this may be something that I can work with later.

DSC01441 (595x800)

The next print was on Dry 9 x 12 Watercolor paper. I added some red to the center. This piece was scanned and it is pixeled, but you can see how nicely the colors are “staying put” on the dry paper.

ada-scan014 (581x800)

Lastly, this is the final print on Canson Mixed Media paper (though there is still a significant amount of paint on the glass). There was just enough paint on the paper that I could move it around a bit and create flower petals. I may embellish this further with reds and blue.

DSC01440

AND in the overshare department, here is an 8.5 x 5.5 Watercolor that I did of a scene from my plein air class. If you see a black blob in the trees, you can blame it on the dog!

DSC01443 (800x538)

 

Advertisements